This time I had obligation to submit master dissertation but also I came to enjoy in the city and to visit my friends.
So, this time I was a tourist in the city I know very well. I was walking around, enjoyed the promenade, went out, ate delicious Greek cheeses, gained some weight.
I think that it’s impossible to describe with words how much I love this city.
I wanted to share with you my 10 favorite places in Thessaloniki. Let’s start.
- Join Juice– Delicious and fresh, Join Juice Bar is place where you can enjoy in healthy & tasty juices, made from fresh fruits. From smoothies to great salads. Also, laptop friendly place with stunning view. My favorite Juice is Gardener, Smoothie Gymmy, Avocado sandwich and Chicken Quinoa Salad.
2. Arc espresso bar– The best staff ever. Maybe even the bar where I spent the most time while I was living in Thessaloniki. Great food, coffee and cocktails. Full of love, cozy and in the city center.
3. Butler– the best place for cocktails in the city. Crazy big cocktails, very beautiful and delicious. They use small bottles of alcohol that they used in order to prepare your cocktail and they leave them as a decoration. It sounds weird when I say It but when you see photos you’ll understand what I am talking about ????
4. Vanilla World Sky Bar– Rooftop with magnificent view. Incredible interior and good music. When you are here you feel like you are somewhere in Desert. The music, the interior and the way the staff is dressed makes me feel like I am lost in Sahara. Great place for night out.
5. Foul to Meze– traditional Greek restaurant with crazy good menu. Located in Ladadika. Here you can try special salad called Vizantin Salad made with beetroot, yogurt, walnuts and apple. You need first to try it and than we can discuss. Than, mussel saganaki, hot but very good. When you finish with the mussels, put some bread in the sauce and leave it for a bit. Than eat it. Also, when you are done with your meal the staff bring you dessert as a gift because you were their guest. Lovely!
6. Garcon– If you are huge fan of good food and jazz as I am, this is the perfect place for you. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner or just a coffee. Any occasion. Next to the Sea. So It looks like this, you enjoy in the Sea view, listen to live jazz, drink nice wine and eat tasty food. Elegant, cozy and delicious.
7. Ensayar– the most beautiful interior I ever saw in Thessaloniki. Very beautiful and photogenic place. So If you want to go somewhere where you can enjoy in the Sea view, drink great cocktails and make crazy good photos, this is the place where you should go.
8. Laikon- My favorite street food place where I enjoy in Pork pancetta after late night out. Very crowded and cheap but also very delicious.
9. Ntangara– Beautiful traditional Balkan restaurant where you can try specialties from Serbia, Greece, Bosnia etc. I tried many different dishes but my favorite is Pancetta.
10. Mono-My favorite bakery in Thessaloniki. Always fresh and delicious. Also, very good coffee. Located in The city center. My favorite things are turkey croissant and chocolate croissant.
If you ever been in Thessaloniki please write in comments what is your favorite place in Thessaloniki?