Through your social media, we can realize that you are a successful model, you train every day and that you eat healthily. Also, I think that is only 1% of what we see on the internet. What is the rest 99% that Tea Beric did in order to be who she is now?
Teodora: I would say I have a pretty normal life, I keep my privacy for myself and I live as simple as any of my age-mates, I study, only here the job I do makes it difficult for me to keep the balance. I do not allow my work to negatively affect my relationships with people. It’s true, I really exercise a lot and try to eat healthily, which does not bother me because I somehow feel healthier and stronger. I think training is really important, not only because of shape but primarily for health, so in some way, I’m trying to promote a healthy life.
What is truly like to be a fashion model?
Teodora: Being a model is not as easy and glamorous as many people think. Everyone sees the “final product” and good photos, but whoever is out of this business doesn’t see much behind the scenes. I love the job I do, but this job requires a lot of sacrifices, patience, effort, and self-work, both physically and spiritually.
What do you like about modeling?
Teodora: What I like the most about modeling is the opportunity to travel and get to know different cultures. Traveling is something that fills me very much, and it’s my life’s wish to travel the whole world. I think because of that I am a quite mature and open-minded person.
What advice would you give to someone wanting to start in the industry?
Teodora: I would advise girls to check first what they are getting into because a lot of girls start doing this business because they think it is easy and that they give up quickly. Beauty is not crucial for this job, it has to have a built attitude, endurance, commitment, discipline and perseverance. The market is oversaturated, there are many models, so the look is really not crucial if you are not offering other qualities. At the beginning of my career, I didn’t know anything about modeling, I didn’t have model measures, I was confused and lost, but I knew what I wanted and I worked on it and succeeded. So girls, work hard and never give up!
Teodora: I find it interesting that I can transform and try myself in different roles. As a kid, I wanted to be an actress, so TV commercials are something that is most interesting to me and what is my biggest challenge.
What was your first big break in the industry?
Teodora: The first big break was a TVC for Nivea, I got the main role and I was so excited! This project I got a very long time ago almost at the very beginning of my career, After that fashion editorials, campaigns..
What’s one of the most interesting shoots that you’ve done?
Teodora: It’s hard for me to say which one was the most interesting, but I can say I definitely prefer outdoor shoots (mountains, desert, beach..)
What’s your favorite outfit to wear to castings?
Teodora: For castings, as a “rule”, models should wear tight clothes (mostly black) which shows the shape of the body and I’m usually doing it. First of all, I make sure that I feel nice and confident in the clothes I’m wearing because I think it’s the most important.
What is happiness for you?
Teodora: Happiness for me is freedom, health, to be surrounded by people I love and feel comfortable with, enjoying small things, traveling..Loving someone and being loved.
What is love for you?
Teodora: Hmm… It is very difficult to define, but I would say that love is when “home” goes from being a place to being a person. Real love makes you want to be the best version of yourself.
How do you maintain inner peace?
Teodora: When I was younger I tried to please everyone and I cared more about others than myself, which is a mistake. Today I am surrounded only by people with whom I am comfortable, avoiding “fake” people and events. I’d rather spend the day alone reading a good book, watching Netflix, going for a walk with my dog than with someone who draws my energy.
Please yourself, learn to say NO and stay away from anything that creates negative energy.
Photo: private archive