Before we start can you share with me some details about you and your path?
I’ve always loved performing, specifically acting. I remember being too afraid to accept it as my profession because it wasn’t “traditional”, as I reflect back now, I laugh. I have, and still am studying and perfecting my craft with the faith that I will gain an abundance of success. I received my bachelors from Clark Atlanta University in Theatre Arts, but prior to that my whole life was filled with performing arts. This path is never ending and the lessons you learn can be life changing. As a child I would re-enact different movies and tv shows with my family and friends, so I’m pretty sure my love for the craft grew through those moments. I have moved 3,000 miles across the country to Atlanta, GA and back to California studying, networking, and perfecting my craft. I can be seen in Unusual Circumstances, My Brothers Keeper, and most recently All Day and a Night as Ce Ce.
Through your social media we can realize that you are successful actress. Also, I think that is the only 1% of what we see through internet. What is the rest 99% that Cydnee Berry did in order to be who she is now?
I am very hardworking, loving, dedicated and a loyal woman and I have never been afraid to step out on faith. I’ve always had a strong mindset that will not alloy me be any less than I aspire to be, and I work hard to achieve a better me each day. I love to travel, and I believe that traveling the world gives a person a broader understanding about the world, and themselves. Of course we all hit a wall, but as we all know its up to ourselves to knock it down and keep on pushing. I believe I’m a woman of strength, and that those walls had to try and block me so that I could really see how strong and courageous I really am. I’m also very optimistic, so I have to pray and speak the things I want and need into existence, so I suppose you can say I spoke who I am today into existence, and I stuck with it.
What do you like most about your job?
I love the freedom to be me, and express myself, while also collaborating with people. Acting is a craft, and as Erykah Badu said, “Im sensitive about my shit!” I love the fact that I can inspire someone else to go for their dreams, be an actress, or do whatever they out their minds to. Overall, I love the outcome; its the look on your faces once the masterpiece is all finshed that amazes me the most.
What advice would you give to someone wanting to start in the industry?
I know this sounds cliche, but don’t take NO for an answer ever! Have faith that you too deserve a piece of the pie, because there is definitely enough to go around. Also, study your craft, if you want it, want it enough to study it, not mimic it.
What was your first big break in the industry?
My big break would have to be my role in All Day and a Night which airs on Netflix May 1, 2020. I play the role of Ce Ce, and I’m so excited to see it.
What’s one of the most interesting projects that you’ve done?
Most interesting has to be All Day and a Night and you will have to watch it to see why.
What habit has most influenced you to become who you are today?
My me time. People often worry about everyone else and whats going on in the world, but I feel as though my me time is special and important for me to be the woman I am today. Each morning, I give myself a hour of alone time to do whatever I want in my space alone.
How do you maintain inner peace?
I think I maintain my inner peace by having that alone time I mentioned before. Other than that, rubbing my ears, might sound funny but I’m so serious. I rub them when im sleepy, hungry, bored, relaxed, cold, hot, they are literally my go to lol. Mainly, before all, I always remember to put God first, and I always trust that he has already fought the battle for me no matter the situation.
Tune in May 1, 2020 for All Day and a night on Netflix.